Dr. David O'Brien educating in the Sudan
OrthoCarolina Winston’s Dr. David O’Brien was invited as part of a distinguished group of faculty from the United States to present at the Arabspine and Sudanese Spine Society conference in Khartoum, Sudan February 17-19. As a representative of the North American Spine Society, Dr. O’Brien gave five presentations during his visit on various topics including SI Joint fusion, cervical myelopathy, spinal injections, and treatment for facet pain.
“Despite the recent travel ban placed on Sudan, the Sudanese people were quite friendly with many of the young physicians hoping for the opportunity to advance their training in the United States someday. We were very well taken care of by the Arab and Sudanese Spine Societies. During our stay we were treated to a brief tour of Khartoum and a visit by the Vice-President and Health Minister of Sudan,” says Dr. O’Brien. “It was an honor to meet and interact with experts from numerous Middle Eastern countries dedicated to advancing spine care for their patients“.
Leave a Comment
In Response To
- Doctor’s Playbook: How an Orthopedic Fellow Went on to Lead Medical Care for the New Orleans Saints
- A Top Dog’s Return: How a Charlotte Hounds Lacrosse Player Came Back from a Nearly Career-Ending Knee Injury
- OrthoCarolina Wellness Center Now Open
- Twin City Talks in Winston-Salem
- Tackling an Unwelcome Ankle Injury: How One Player Returned to the Field