We want every patient to have the best possible experience when they visit an OrthoCarolina office. Even if you or a loved one isn't in immediate pain, we understand appointments can be nerve-wracking and stressful.
Follow these tips to help get the most out of your next visit with one of our orthopedic specialists.
- Do your research.
- If you know you are being referred to discuss surgery or with a known diagnosis, read up beforehand. Research shows that patients who are more active in their care have better outcomes and feel more control in obtaining a positive outcome.
- Write down any questions for your care team beforehand.
- It can be difficult to remember all your care questions in the midst of your visit. We want to address your diagnosis and treatment questions as best we can while you're with us in the office.
- Check our COVID-19 Updates page for the latest office changes that may affect your visit.
- Ask a family member or friend to be on the phone with you during your appointment.
- While patients can only have limited visitors present during appointments, it's important to us that you have the support you need. Let your provider know if you'd like to have someone call in during your office visit.
- Bring a mask & dress for the occasion.
- We want you to feel as comfortable as possible during your visit. Consider wearing clothing items that easily allow for examination of your injury or area of pain. We are happy to provide shorts or a gown as needed.
- Request education materials to review after your visit.
- Visits can be overwhelming and intimidating if we don't understand the medical terms or treatments. More importantly, we want to empower you to collaborate with us in your care. This begins with ensuring a common language and building trust between one another.