- Ohio State University -- Bachelor of Science
- Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine -- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- OhioHealth Hospital System, Columbus, Ohio -- Residency
- Johns Hopkins Hospital -- Fellowship, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
Having completed advanced specialty training and research in pediatric orthopedics at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, I now call Charlotte home and am welcoming all patients--from 18 hours to 18 years old. My medical interests include trauma, spinal deformity, neuromuscular diseases, and minimally invasive surgery. Many pediatric orthopedic injuries and conditions can be treated without surgery; however, when an operation is necessary, you can rest assured that the staff of OrthoCarolina and I will take care of your child as if they were family. Also, as an osteopathic physician, I emphasize the prevention of pediatric injuries and conditions, and I understand the importance of family-centered care in this special and unique patient population. In addition, I am happy to meet with groups and organizations to discuss common pediatric orthopedic injuries and conditions (scoliosis, clubfoot, sports-related injuries, etc.), their prevention, and treatment. Contact us today if you know a group or organization that would benefit from this service.
Spine Clinical Specialty:
- Adolescent Scoliosis Treatment (bracing and surgery, Vertebral Body Tethering)
- Early Onset Scoliosis Treatment (casting, bracing, and surgery)
- Neuromuscular Scoliosis Treatment (bracing and surgery)
- Medical Director, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery Novant Health Greater Charlotte Market
- Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Atrium Health
- Member Pediatric Trauma Outcomes Committee, Novant Health
- Radiation Safety/What is an X-ray?
- Image Gently
- Setting Scoliosis Straight
- Delta-Dry Pantaloon Spica Care Handout
- Delta-Dry Pantaloon Spica Care Video
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Member of the Scoliosis Research Society
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association
- Member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Named a 2018 Top Doctor by Charlotte Magazine
- Lee RJ, Paloski MD, Sponseller PD, Leet AI. Bent telescopic rods in patients with osteogenesis imperfecta. J Pediatr Orthop. 2016;36(6):656-660.
- Paloski MD, Sponseller PD, Akbarnia BA, et al. Is there an optimal time to distract dual growing rods? Spine Deformity 2014;2:467-470.
- Jacobson M, Griesser M, Paloski M, Mayerson J. Isolated Cryptococcus neoformans osteomyelitis of the proximal femur: a case report and review of literature. ORthop Surgery. 2012 Aug; 4(3):190-3.
- Paloski M, Taylor B, Iobst C, Pugh K. Pediatric and adolescent applications of the Taylor Spatial Frame. Orthopedics. 2012 Jun 1;35(6):518-27.
- Paloski M, Griesser M, Jacobson M, Scharschmidt T. Chondroblastoma: a Rare cause of femoral neck fracture in a teenager. Am J of Orthop. 2011 Sep;40(9):E177-81.
- Paloski M, Taylor B, Willits M. Subtrochanteric Femur fracture after SCFE pinning: a treatment consideration. Adv Orthop. 2011;2011:809136. Epub 2011 Jan 12.
- Taylor B, Kean J, Paloski M. Distal focal femoral deficiency. J Pediatr Orthop. 2009 Sep;29(6):576-580.
- Macknet D, McKnight R, Odum S, Paloski M. Liposomal Bupivacaine for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Does Not Effectively Decrease Post-Operative Pain. Accepted as Podium Presentation at SOA, 2020
- Paloski M, Sponseller P. Is there an optimal time interval to distract dual growing rods? Accepted as ePoster at Annual Meeting of the POSNA 2013, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Lee J, Paloski M, Sponseller P, Leet A. Bent telescopic rods in osteogenesis imperfecta patients. Accepted as ePoster and podium presentation at Annual Meeting of the POSNA 2012, Denver, CO
- Wohler A, Paloski M, Odum S, Casey V. Orthopedic Surgeon Time Allocation During the Clinical Encounter. Accepted as Podium Presentation at SOA, 2020.
- Wohler A, Paloski M, Odum S, Casey V. Orthopedic Surgeon Time Allocation During the Clinical Encounter. Accepted as Podium Presentation at NCOA, 2020.