- Ohio State University -- Bachelor of Science
- Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine -- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- OhioHealth Hospital System, Columbus, Ohio -- Residency
- Johns Hopkins Hospital -- Fellowship, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
Having completed advanced specialty training and research in pediatric orthopedics at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, I now call Charlotte home with my wife and 2 boys. Many pediatric orthopedic injuries and conditions can be treated without surgery; however, when an operation is necessary, you can rest assured that the staff of OrthoCarolina and I will take care of your child as if they were family. Also, as an osteopathic physician, I emphasize the prevention of pediatric injuries and conditions, and I understand the importance of family-centered care in this special and unique patient population. I welcome all pediatric and adolescent patients with orthopedic concerns. My interests include trauma, spinal deformity, neuromuscular diseases, conditions of the feet and hand, and minimally invasive surgery.
Spine Clinical Specialty:
- Adolescent Scoliosis Treatment (bracing and surgery, Vertebral Body Tethering)
- Early Onset Scoliosis Treatment (casting, bracing, and surgery)
- Neuromuscular Scoliosis Treatment (bracing and surgery)
- Medical Director, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery Novant Health Greater Charlotte Market
- Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Atrium Health
- Member Pediatric Trauma Outcomes Committee, Novant Health
- Radiation Safety/What is an X-ray?
- Image Gently
- Setting Scoliosis Straight
- Delta-Dry Pantaloon Spica Care Handout
- Delta-Dry Pantaloon Spica Care Video
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Member of the Scoliosis Research Society
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association
- Member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Named a 2018 Top Doctor by Charlotte Magazine
- Lee RJ, Paloski MD, Sponseller PD, Leet AI. Bent telescopic rods in patients with osteogenesis imperfecta. J Pediatr Orthop. 2016;36(6):656-660.
- Paloski MD, Sponseller PD, Akbarnia BA, et al. Is there an optimal time to distract dual growing rods? Spine Deformity 2014;2:467-470.
- Jacobson M, Griesser M, Paloski M, Mayerson J. Isolated Cryptococcus neoformans osteomyelitis of the proximal femur: a case report and review of literature. ORthop Surgery. 2012 Aug; 4(3):190-3.
- Paloski M, Taylor B, Iobst C, Pugh K. Pediatric and adolescent applications of the Taylor Spatial Frame. Orthopedics. 2012 Jun 1;35(6):518-27.
- Paloski M, Griesser M, Jacobson M, Scharschmidt T. Chondroblastoma: a Rare cause of femoral neck fracture in a teenager. Am J of Orthop. 2011 Sep;40(9):E177-81.
- Paloski M, Taylor B, Willits M. Subtrochanteric Femur fracture after SCFE pinning: a treatment consideration. Adv Orthop. 2011;2011:809136. Epub 2011 Jan 12.
- Taylor B, Kean J, Paloski M. Distal focal femoral deficiency. J Pediatr Orthop. 2009 Sep;29(6):576-580.
- Macknet D, McKnight R, Odum S, Paloski M. Liposomal Bupivacaine for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Does Not Effectively Decrease Post-Operative Pain. Accepted as Podium Presentation at SOA, 2020
- Paloski M, Sponseller P. Is there an optimal time interval to distract dual growing rods? Accepted as ePoster at Annual Meeting of the POSNA 2013, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Lee J, Paloski M, Sponseller P, Leet A. Bent telescopic rods in osteogenesis imperfecta patients. Accepted as ePoster and podium presentation at Annual Meeting of the POSNA 2012, Denver, CO
- Wohler A, Paloski M, Odum S, Casey V. Orthopedic Surgeon Time Allocation During the Clinical Encounter. Accepted as Podium Presentation at SOA, 2020.
- Wohler A, Paloski M, Odum S, Casey V. Orthopedic Surgeon Time Allocation During the Clinical Encounter. Accepted as Podium Presentation at NCOA, 2020.