Telemedicine (video visit) refers to the practice of caring for patients remotely using live video visits. It allows our healthcare providers an additional way to evaluate, diagnose and develop treatment plans with a patient using technology, such as video chat and smartphones, without the need for an in-person visit.
Telemedicine video visits allow our team to interview and complete a limited exam to increase accessible care options for our patients and to provide an innovative and convenient way for patients to interact with a physician or therapist.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
Call to schedule OR request an appointment with your provider or therapist.
On that call, your provider or therapy team will determine if you are applicable for and interested in a video visit. Our video visits are conducted via Microsoft Teams (no download required for laptop/desktop).
If you are able and willing to have a video visit, these will be your next steps:
- Prior to your appointment time, our team will contact you to update any patient information and to obtain your email address.
- Our team will then send you an email that contains a Microsoft Teams link.
- Click this link to join your video visit.
- If joining your appointment from a laptop or desktop computer:
- Click "join on the web" when prompted. This starts your visit through your web browser.
- If joining your appointment from a mobile phone or tablet:
- Download the Microsoft Teams app from your App store.
- Click "join as a guest" when prompted. Sign-in is not necessary.
- Upon completion of your visit, please be sure to completely close out the connection.
SOME HELPFUL TIPS
- Do your best to select an area with a strong internet connection, either through data or WiFi.
- Please select a private area that is well lit and free from distractions and interruptions.
- Prior to the video call, please remove any bandages or dressings.
Read More: Benefits of Video Visits
This article was originally published on March 24, 2020, and has been updated on January 27, 2021.