Telemedicine (video visit) refers to the practice of caring for patients remotely using live video visits. It allows our healthcare providers an additional way to evaluate, diagnose and develop treatment plans with a patient using technology, such as video chat and smartphones, without the need for an in-person visit. Telemedicine video visits allow our team to interview and complete a limited exam to increase accessible care options for our patients and to provide an innovative and convenient way for patients to interact with a physician or physical therapist.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
Call to schedule an appointment with your provider or physical therapist. On that call, your provider or physical therapy team will determine if you are applicable for and interested in a video visit.
If you are able and willing to have a video visit, these will be your next steps:
- Our team will contact you to join your video visit at the appointed time through Zoom.com.
- Our team will provide you with the meeting ID and password.
- Once connected via the Zoom channel, wait for our provider or physical therapist to appear on the video call.
- This starts your visit.
- Upon completion of the visit, please be sure to completely close out the connection.
SOME HELPFUL TIPS:
- Do your best to select an area with a strong internet connection, either through data or WiFi.
- Please select a private area that is well lit and free from distractions and interruptions.
- Prior to the video call, please remove any bandages or dressings.