- Athletic Knee Surgery: Arthroscopic Ligament, Meniscus and Cartilage Surgery
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery: Throwing Athlete Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair, Shoulder/Elbow Replacement Surgery
- Subspecialty Board Certified in Sports Medicine
- Board Certified in Orthopedics
Team Physician assignments
- Stewart-Haas Racing
- Davidson College -- Team Physician, August 2021 - Present
- Kannapolis Cannon Ballers --Team Physician
- Concord High School -- Team Physician, 2011 - Present
- Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas -- Team Physician, 2013 - Present
- Wofford College -- Bachelor of Science
- Medical University of South Carolina -- Doctor of Medicine
- Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center -- Residency
- OrthoCarolina -- Fellowship, Sports Medicine / Shoulder & Elbow
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the North Carolina Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Martin S, Thompson K, Morgan R, Vermillion R, Connor P. Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction in the Throwing Elbow of an NFL Quarterback: Minimum 2 Year Follow-Up.
- Morgan R, Bankston L, Hoenig M, Connor P. The Evolving Management of Clavicle Fractures in the NFL.
- Morgan R, Starman J, Bankston L, Peindl R, Fleischli J. A Biomechanical Evaluation of Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction Using a Novel Technique for Ulnar-Sided Fixation.
- Bankston L, Morgan R, Connor P. Two Year Post-Operative Data on the Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Procedure: Clinical and Radiographic Outcomes.
- Hamid N, Morgan R, Bankston L, D’Alessandro D, Nguyen D, Connor P. Effect Effects of Implant Design Upon the Incidence and Severity of Scapular Notching after Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty.
- Kuremsky M, Morgan R, Hoenig M, Peindl R, Fleischli J. Biomechanics of the Knee Before and After Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Harvest for ACL Reconstruction.
- Morgan R, Kuremsky M, Peindl R, Fleischli J. A Biomechanical Comparison of Two Suture Anchor Configurations in the Repair of Type II SLAP Lesions Subjected to a Peel-Back Mechanism of Failure.
- Morgan R, Kuremsky M, Masonis J, Mason B. Diagnostic Accuracy of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Magnetic Resonance Arthrography in the Evaluation of Acetabular Labral Tears and Chondral Lesions.
- Graham J. MD, Dorizas J. MD, Morgan R., Bailey K, Weatherby B. Is Acromioplasty Necessary? Mini-Open Rotator Cuff Repair Without Acromioplasty.
- Hartsock L. MD, Dorizas J., MD, Morgan R., Petty C. Causes of Non-Union and Malunion of Fractures.
- Barr, S. MD and Morgan, R. Outcomes of Pressure Sores after Instigation of a Patient Criterion for Flap Reconstruction.
- Abramovitch, R., Ph.D. and Morgan, R. Cyclic Reactions Performed with Pillared Clays.
- Robert J. Morgan, MD Castillo, D., Ph.D. and Morgan, R. Separation Techniques Using Gas Chromatography.
- Medical Assistant - Jennifer Drumgold
- Surgical and Administrative Coordinator - Jaime Best
I think that Dr. Morgan is an excellent doctor. He takes the time to explain what needs to be done and answers all questions thoroughly. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.