- Coastal Carolina University - Bachelor of Science, 1995
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore - Masters in Physical Therapy, 2000
Shannon became interested in human movement and anatomy as a student athlete at University of Coastal Carolina College where she played on the Division IA Women's Volleyball team. Her treatment philosophy is to find the driver or source of the pain or problem to promote full recovery and/or management of symptoms ensuring a healthy, active lifestyle of the patient’s choosing.
- Has been with OrthoCarolina since 2011
- Worked in the acute care setting, skilled nursing and outpatient therapy settings throughout her career
- Primary focus in manual physical therapy for the female athlete and the management of orthopedic conditions in the outpatient arena
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Certified Integrated Manual Therapist