Patrick M. Connor, MD 704.323.3000
- Shoulder & Elbow
- Sports Medicine
- Shoulder & Elbow
- Sports Medicine
- Oklahoma State University -- Bachelor of Science
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine -- Doctor of Medicine
- Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center -- Internship
- Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center -- Residency
- Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, New York Orthopaedic Hospital -- Fellowship Shoulder Surgery
- Mayo Clinic -- Visiting Clinician Program, Elbow Surgery
- Head Team Physician for the Carolina Panthers
- Team Physician for the 2006 NFL Pro-Bowl
- Team Physician for the 2014 NFL Pro-Bowl
- Head Team Physician for the The Charlotte Knights
- Head Team Physician for Joe Gibbs Racing Inc.
- Head Team Physician Michael Waltrip Racing
- Head Team Physician for Providence Day School
- Editorial Board/Consultant for the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Editorial Board/Consultant for the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Editorial Board/Consultant for The American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Clinical Faculty, Shoulder and Elbow Surgery / Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
- Clinical Faculty, Trauma Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Carolinas Medical Center
- Attending Physician, OrthoCarolina Sports Medicine / Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Fellowship Program, OrthoCarolina, Charlotte, NC
OrthoCarolina Research Institute (OCRI)
- Board of Directors, 2002 – present
- Chairman of the Board, 2002 – 2009
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ABOS), Recertified 1/2009 – 12/2018
- ABOS Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine 11/2007 – 12/2017
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ABOS), Part II July 16, 1998
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ABOS), Part I July 14, 1995
- Specializes in all aspects of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Specializes in Sports Medicine
- Specializes in Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Knee Surgery
- Specializes in Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
- Dr. Connor's expertise has been vital in the evolution of surgical techniques for things such as hamstring ACL reconstruction, arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery, elbow arthroscopy, and shoulder and elbow replacement surgery
American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES)
- Research Committee, 2008 - present
- The American Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
National Football League Physicians Society (NFLPS)
- President, 2009 – 2011
- President Elect, 2007 – 2009
- Executive Committee, 2006 – present
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Fellow
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ABOS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- North Carolina Orthopaedic Association (NCOA)
- North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS)
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society (MCMS)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AOA)
- Charlotte Sports Commission
- The Charlotte Executive Club
- Named a 2017 Top Doctor - Charlotte Magazine
- Named a 2016 Top Doctor - Charlotte Magazine
- Business NC Magazine’s Top Doctors 2015
- Named a 2014 Top Doctor - Charlotte Business Journal
- Top Doctors, US News & World Report, 2012 – 2013
- Charlotte’s Top Doctors 2013, Charlotte Magazine, July 2013
- Best Doctor’s in America 2013, BestDoctors.com, July 2013
- Patient’s Choice Award 2012, AmericanRegistry.com, July 2013
- Charlotte’s Top Doctors 2012, Charlotte Magazine, July 2012
- Charlotte’s Top Doctors 2011, Charlotte Magazine, July 2011
- Charlotte’s Top Doctors 2010, Charlotte Magazine, July 2010
- Top Doctors 2009, Consumers’ Guide to Top Doctors in the Business North Carolina Magazine, 2009
- Charlotte’s Top Doctors 2008, Charlotte Magazine, July 2008
- Charlotte’s Top Doctors 2007, Charlotte Magazine, July 2007
- North Carolina’s Best Doctors 2007, Business North Carolina Magazine, July 2007
- Charlotte’s Top Doctors 2006, Charlotte Magazine, July 2006
- America’s Top Surgeons 2006, Consumers’ Research Council of America, July 2006
- Honorary Chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, 2005
- Physicians’ Advisory Board of North Carolina, a Congressional Appointment by Congressman Tom Reynolds, Chairman, National Republican Congressional Committee, 2004 - 2005
- Community Award of Excellence, Arthritis Foundation of the Carolinas, 2001
- Recipient of the Basil M. Boyd, M.D. Memorial Resident Lecture Series Award, 1995.
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Junior Year Selection, 1989
- Vice President of Medical School Class, 1987-1990
- Dr. Frank L. Flack and Jessie Gordon Flack Scholarship, 1988
- Robert M. O'Neal Award for Excellence in Systemic Pathology, 1988
- Dr. A.R. Wiley Scholarship, 1987
- All-American Men’s Tennis, Oklahoma State University, 1986
- All-Big 8 Conference Academic Team, Oklahoma State University, 1986
- Ike Groce Memorial Big 8 Conference Sportsmanship Award, Men's Tennis, 1986
- National Dean's List for College Undergraduates, 1986
- Dean's Honor Roll, Oklahoma State University, 1985-1986
- Dean's Honor Roll, The University of Tulsa, 1983-1984
- Outstanding Student Leader, The University of Tulsa, 1983-1984
- University Scholar, The University of Tulsa, 1982
- Omicron Delta Kappa Outstanding Freshmen, The University of Tulsa, 1981
- Allen B. Stowe National Junior Tennis Championship Sportsmanship Award, 1981
- Oklahoma State High School Tennis Championships All-Decade Team, 1980’s
- Four-time Oklahoma State High School Singles Tennis Champion (1978-1981)
- Scannell BP, Loeffler BJ, Hoenig, M, Peindl RD, D’Alessandro DF, Connor PM, Fleischli JE. Biomechanical comparison of four tibial hamstring tendon fixation devices for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Submitted to American Journal of Sports Medicine for publication August 2010.
- Scannell B, Loeffler B, Hoenig M, Peindl R, D’Alessandro DF, Connor PM, Fleischli JE: Biomechanical comparison of five femoral hamstring tendon fixation devices for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Manuscript preparation in progress.
- Bahk, MS, Kuhn, JE, Galatz, LM, Connor, PM, William, GR. Acromioclavicular and Sternoclavicular Injuries and Clavicular, Glenoid and Scapular Fractures. In: O’Connor, ML, Egol, KA (eds): Instructional Course Lectures, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Vol 59, 209-226, 2010.
- Hamid, N, Ashraf, N, Bosse, J, Connor, P, Kellam, J, Sims, S, Stull, D, Jeray, K, Hymes, R, Lowe, T. Radiation therapy for heterotopic ossification prophylaxis acutely after elbow trauma. Manuscript submitted for publication, JBJS.
- Hamid, N, D’Alessandro, DF, Connor, PM, Fleischli, J. Fracture of the acromion after reverse shoulder arthroplasty. Accepted for publication in The American Journal of Orthopedics.
- Loeffler, B., Brown, SL, D’Alessandro, DF, Fleischli, JM, Connor PM.. Increased incidence of false positive MRI’s for RCT in patients with adhesive capsulitis. Manuscript submitted for publication, Arthroscopy.
- Hoenig M, Loeffler B, Brown S, Peindl R, Fleischli J, Connor P, Fleischli J, D’Alessandro D. Reverse glenoid component fixation: is a posterior screw necessary? J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2010; 19 (4):544-9.
- Morgan, R, Hoenig, M, Bankston, L, Connor, PM. Evolving management of middle-third clavicle fractures in the National Football League. Am J Sports Med. October 2010 38 2092-2096.
- Morgan RJ, Starman, JS, Habet NA, Peindl RD, Bankston, SL, Jr, D’Alessandro DF, Connor PM, Fleischli, JE. A biomechanical evaluation of ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction using a novel technique for ulnar-sided fixation. Am J Sports Med. 2010; 38(7):1448-55.
- Bahk MS, Kuhn JE, Galatz LM, Connor PM, Williams GR Jr. Acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular injuries, clavicle, glenoid and scapula fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2009. 91 (10): 2492-510.
- Petronis, S. Cuff Tear Arthropathy: A Discussion with Patrick M. Connor, M.D. Zimmer, ORTHOedge, Volume 8, Issue 3, June 2007.
- Siffri PC, Peindl RD, Coley ER, Norton JH, Connor PM, Kellam JF, “Biomechanical analysis of blade plate versus locking plate fixation for a proximal humerus fracture: Comparison using cadaveric and synthetic humeri”, J Orthop Trauma, Vol. 28 (8), pp 547-554, 2006.
- Connor PM, Kuremsky MA, D’Alessandro DF. Complications of shoulder arthroscopy, in Blaine TA (ed) Shoulder Arthroscopy (Monograph). American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, pp. 93–105, 2006.
- Kuremsky MA, Tan S, Tyson A, Connor PM. Arthroscopic decompression of spinoglenoid notch ganglion cysts causing suprascapular neuropathy. Manuscript submitted for publication, Arthroscopy Accepted pending revisions
- RN, BSN: Lori Cassidy (704-323-3190)
- Test/Surgery Scheduler : Joy Davis (704-323-3168)
- Medical Administrative Assistant : Cynthia Barksdale (704-323-3553)