Dr. Dockery and all of the staff at OrthoCarolina University treat me with characteristics that I value in a healthcare provider. They look me in the eye and treat me first like a person but also as a patient relying on their expertise. They provide expert, gentle, thorough, straight forward and patient care.- Elizabeth P.
- Sports Medicine
- Shoulder & Elbow
- Sports Medicine
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Bachelor of Arts
- University of Florida College of Medicine -- Doctor of Medicine
- University of Florida, Shands Hospital -- Internship, Surgery
- University of Florida, Shands Hospital -- Residency, Orthopedics
- University of Oklahoma -- Fellowship, Sports Medicine
- Head Team physician -- UNC-Charlotte
- Head Team physician -- Mallard Creek High School
- Chief of Orthopedics -- University Hospital, Atrium Health
- Chairman of Board -- Mallard Creek Surgery Center
- Clinical faculty -- Atrium Health
- Board Certified – ABOS
- Sports Medicine, Subspecialty certified – ABOS
- Specializing in ACL reconstruction
- Specializing in meniscus and cartilage surgery
- Specializing in shoulder rotator cuff repair
- Specializing in shoulder instability surgery
- Specializing in knee, shoulder, and elbow arthroscopy
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member of the North Carolina cook Orthopedic Association
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Member of the Mecklenburg County Medical Society
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS, AND LECTURES
- “EMG Evaluation of Rotator Cuff Function During Shoulder Rehabilitation,” presented at Florida Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting 1994. Presented at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery Annual Meeting, 1995.
- “Evaluation of Treatment and Management of Aggressive Lesions of the Femoral Head and Neck”, presented in June 1995.
- “Predictability of Hamstring Tendon Graft Lengths in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction”, presented May 1996.
- “Cadaver Anatomy of the Wrist and Hand”, presented at Eleventh Annual Sports Medicine Symposium, Charlotte, NC, January 1997.
- “Prospective Evaluation of Patellofemoral Pain”, presented at the Arthroscopy Association of North America annual meeting, April 1997.
- “Complex Knee Problems; from Sports Injuries to Total Knee Arthroplasty”, Faculty Members, AAOS, Rosemont, IL, April 18-20, 1997.
- “Shoulder Injuries in the Workman’s Compensation Patient”, Charlotte, NC, June 1997.
- “Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries in the Skeletally Immature Patient”, Oscar Miller Day, Charlotte, NC, October 1998.
- Dockery, ML, Wright, TW., and LaStayo, P.C. (1998) “Electromyography of the Shoulder: An Analysis of Passive Modes of Exercise” Orthopedics, 21, 1181-1184.
- “Patellofemoral Pain in Athletes”, Thirteenth Annual Sports Medicine Symposium, Charlotte, NC, January 1999.
- “Complex Knee Problems: Surgery for the Active Knee”, Faculty member, AAOS OLC Course, Chicago, IL, April 1999.
- “Articular Debridement and Abrasion Arthroplasty for Chondral Changes in the Knee”, Oscar Miller Day, Charlotte, NC, October 1999.
- “Complex Knee Problems of the Adult Knee”, Faculty Member, AAOC OLC Course, Chicago, IL, July 2001.
- “Knee Dislocation; Assessment and Decision Making”, Oscar Miller Day, Charlotte, NC, January, 202.
- “Complications of ACL Reconstruction: Arthrofibrosis and Infection”, Oscar Miller Day, Charlotte, NC October, 2002. “Knee Dislocation: Multiple Ligament Injuries and Treatment Options”, 17th Annual Sports Medicine Symposium, Charlotte, NC, February, 2003.
- “Physical Exam of the Injured Shoulder”, Symposium on Current Trends in the Management of the Adult Shoulder, Charlotte, NC, April, 2003.
- “Adolescent Knee Injuries” Athletic Injuries of the Knee Symposium, Charlotte, NC January 2007
- “Physical Exam of the Shoulder and Elbow” Athletic Injuries of the Shoulder and Elbow Symposium, Charlotte, NC January 2010