SPORTS MEDICINE IN ADOLESCENT AMATEUR ATHLETICS
Sports medicine is a subject typically associated with professional and collegiate athletes. But there’s another facet that’s important to discuss: sports medicine in adolescents and amateur athletics.
At OrthoCarolina, we’re committed to providing specialized care in the space of adolescent sports. From close working relationships with coaches and parents to a deep understanding of what it takes to keep players healthy, OrthoCarolina prioritizes young athletes at every step of their sports journey.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why is adolescent-specific sports medicine important
- What is different about caring for young athletes
- The importance of a continuum of care
- How the expertise and support from OrthoCarolina’s sports medicine specialists help coaches and trainers
- Advice for parents of middle and high school athletes
- Margaret Lynch, PA
- Margaret L. Lynch is a Physician Assistant with OrthoCarolina specializing in sports medicine and working out of the South Park and Sports Medicine Center.
- Dr. Jonathan Riboh, MD
- Dr. Riboh specializes in adolescent sports medicine.
- James Shipley, National Amateur Sports
- National Amateur Sports is one of OrthoCarolina’s partners -- a sports media & marketing company focused on public high school athletics. They're active in numerous school districts within OrthoCarolina’s service areas.
A GLANCE AT THE EPISODE…
- [1:13]: Margaret Lynch shares the story of a young dancer she treated for foot pain
- [4:12]: How our injury tendencies change as we age
- [6:07]: The differences in risk tolerance for pro athletes versus young athletes
- [7:50]: Community perspective: OrthoCarolina’s professionalism and high school sports
- [8:41]: The value of a continuum of care
- [9:36]: Dr. Riboh on guiding families through difficult, injury-related decisions
- [12:00]: Guest advice for parents of amateur athletes
Take a deeper look at today’s world of orthopedics. Between the Bones, powered by OrthoCarolina, explores adult and pediatric orthopedic conditions, life-changing research, and the future of healthcare. Hear from orthopedic providers and researchers as they examine their impact on the greater community.
RATE, REVIEW, & FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTS
We have a great selection of episodes, all about different topics of orthopedic medicine. We’d love it if you followed and rated us on Apple Podcasts!
This information is provided as an educational service and is not intended to serve as medical advice. If you are seeking specific orthopedic advice or assistance, please consult with your OrthoCarolina physician or locate one in your area through OrthoCarolina’s website at www.OrthoCarolina.com.
Leave a Comment