Ergonomics in the Studio with Radio's Matt & Ramona
With Physical Therapist Carol Green
Sit at a desk all day on the job? Even the act of sitting and how we use our bodies affects our health. How we hold our phones or use the mouse at the computer affects our hands, fingers and wrists. Poor posture can cause aches and pains in our neck and shoulders.
Ergonomics is human engineering. It's the relationship between our bodies and our environments.
Recently, OrthoCarolina Eastover Physical Therapist Carol Green met with 107.9 The Link's Ramona Holloway and Matt Harris to take a look at their work environments. As the hosts of The Matt & Ramona Show, they're on air each afternoon and multi-tasking all along the way. Carol offered some tips to help their workspaces be as ergonomically friendly as possible.
WIN AN OFFICE MAKEOVER
OrthoCarolina and Matt & Ramona want to help you take care of your health every day by upgrading your workspace to be more ergonomic.
Share a picture of your workspace to enter to win.
You can start helping yourself at your desk right now through OrthoCarolina's Everyday Ergonomics series:
- From the height of your monitor to how you're using your keyboard, learn how to set up a healthy workstation.
- Seven of your most burning questions about standing desks answered by a physical therapist.
- Should your exercise ball double ask your desk chair? Here's the truth.
- Prepare for your workday with these six Pilates exercises.
- Battle back pain with seven stretches you can do right at your desk chair.
- Sitting all day? These five gentle stretches can help relieve pain.