Dr. Chapman and his nurse are Absolutely Amazing! They really care about me as a patient. His demeanor is always very nice and professional.
- Davidson College - Bachelor of Science
- Georgetown University- Masters of Science
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine - Doctor of Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center - Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Washington University School of Medicine - Adult & Pediatric Spinal Surgery Fellowship
Dr. Chapman is an orthopedic surgeon with a clinical practice that centers on pediatric and adult spinal deformities. He specializes in spinal diseases of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine, tailoring a treatment plan for each patient individually to attain the best outcome. These conditions include pediatric, adult, and complex spinal deformity including congenital, adolescent, and adult idiopathic scoliosis and kyphosis as well as revision spine surgery. Furthermore, Dr. Chapman treats patients with degenerative cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine disease-causing spinal stenosis, radiculopathy, and myelopathy. These diseases include disc herniation, spondylolisthesis, sciatica, spine disorders in athletes, spine fractures, spine tumors/cancers, metastatic spine tumors/cancers. Treatment options can include a combination of decompression, instrumentation, fusion, motion preservation, and cervical disc replacement using both traditional and minimally invasive surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chapman is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in adult & pediatric deformity surgery & orthopedic spine surgery.
- AO Spine Fellow, August 2014-July 2015
- John M. Harrelson, M.D. Chief Resident Teaching Award, February 2014
- AOA Resident Leadership Forum Nominee, June 2013
- North Carolina Orthopedic Association Resident Presentation Award, 2nd Place, October 2012
- North Carolina Spine Society Resident Presentation Award, August 2012
- William S. Ogden Jr. Piedmont Travelling Fellowship Award, February 2012
- Dr. Tom Lowe Spine Symposium Scholarship, January 2011
- Caputo AM, Michael KW, Chapman Jr TM, Jennings JM, Howes CR, Isaacs RE, Brown CR. Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion for the Treatment of Adult Degenerative Scoliosis. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. 2013 Nov;20 (11):1558-63.
- Caputo AM, Michael KW, Chapman Jr TM, Massey GM, Howes CR, Isaacs RE, Brown CR. Clinical Outcomes of Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion in the Treatment of Adult Degenerative Scoliosis. Scientific World Journal. 2012.
Podium & poster presentations
- Chapman Jr TM, Baldus CR, Zebala LP, Kelly MP, Kang DG, McClendon Jr J, Metz LN, Shaffrey, CI, Lenke LG, Buchowski JM, Schwab FJ, Boachie-Adjei O, Glassman SD, Bridwell KH . Baseline Patient Reported Outcomes Do Not Correlate with Radiographic Parameters: A multicenter prospective NIH adult spinal deformity study of 286 patients . Scoliosis Research Society. Oct. 2015. Podium Presentation.
- Chapman Jr TM, Lenke LG, Kang DG, McClendon Jr J, Metz LN, Sides BA, Blanke K. Clinical and Radiographic Outcomes after Posterior Vertebral Column Resection with 5 Year Follow Up. Scoliosis Research Society. Oct. 2015. Podium Presentation.
- Chapman Jr TM. Avoidance of Three Column Osteotomies in Spinal Deformity Surgery. North Carolina Spine Society. Aug. 2015. Podium Presentation
- Chapman Jr TM and Brown CR. Accuracy of Percutaneous Pedicle Screws in the Thoracolumbosacral Spine: Comparison with Open Technique Using CT Scan Analysis. J. Leonard Goldner Visiting Professor Talk & Oscar Miller Day. Apr. & Aug. 2014. Podium Presentation