Dr. Fehring has published over 115 articles in Orthopaedic professional journals to help instruct Orthopaedics surgeons and improve patient care. A few examples listed below:
- Direct Anterior Approach: Risk Factor for Early Femoral Failure of Cementless Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Multicenter Study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2017 Jan 18;99(2):99-105. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.16.00060.
- Cystic Adverse Local Tissue Reactions in Asymptomatic Modular Metal-on-Metal Total Hips May Decrease Over Time”, The Journal of Arthroplasty, published online: Jan 21, 2016:dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2016.01.020.
- Risk Stratification Algorithm for Management of Patients with Metal-on-Metal Hip Arthroplasty; Consensus Statement of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and The Hip Society: J Bone Joint Surg Am, 96(1), Jan. 2014.
- Lower Extremity Joint Kinematics during Stair Climbing in Knee Osteoarthritis. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010, Aug 2.
- Prevention and Treatment of Stiffness Following Total Knee Arthroplasty, Current Opinion in Orthopedics, Vol 19 (1), January, 2008, 72-74.
- Polyethylene Exchange Only for Prosthetic Knee Instability, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 405, December 2002, 182-188.
For a complete list of publications please click here.
Dr. Fehring made over 600 presentations to other orthopaedic surgeons at National meetings to help instruct orthopaedic surgeons improve patient care. Examples Include:
- “Orthopaedic Innovation: Opportunities, Challenges and Responsibilities” John Insall Honorary Lecture, New York, NY, March 30, 2016.
- “Prevention and Treatment of Knee Instability”, Knee Society 2016 Open meeting/AAOS Specialty Day, Orlando, Florida, March 5, 2016.
- “The Most Important Things that I do to Avoid Infection.” Annual Meeting of the American Association ofOrthopaedic Surgeons, Orlando, Florida, March 1-5, 2016.
- “Gap Balancing in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty”. AAOS 2015 Specialty Day, Las Vegas, NV, March 28, 2015.
- “Improving Medicare Readmission Risk Adjustment Model Should Maintain Access” (poster). Annual Meeting of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Dallas, Texas, November 6-9, 2014.
For a complete list of presentations please click here.
Dr. Fehring has been asked to lecture as a visiting professor at over 25 prestigious institutions across the country, such as:
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, May, 2012
- Harvard Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, October, 2011
- The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, March, 2016
- Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN, April, 2016
- New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, July, 2014
For a complete list of visiting professorships please click here.
Dr. Fehring has been asked to be an instructor of other orthopaedic surgeons at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting over 50 times. Examples of such instructional courses include:
- Instructional Course Lecture,“Management of Infected Total Joint Arthroplasty in 2018 – Where DO We Stand Now?”. Annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, New Orleans, Lousiana, March 9, 2018.
- Instructional Course Lecture, “Leadership at Every Level: Principles and Practice”. Annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, New Orleans, Lousiana, March 7, 2018.
- Instructional Course Lecture, “Four Challenges in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty: Exposure, Safe and Effective Componet Removal, Bone Deficient Management, and Fixation”.Annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, New Orleans, Lousiana, March 7, 2018.
- Symposium Y, “How I Perform a Primary and Revision TKA”, Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 24-28, 2015.
- Instructional Course, The Difficult Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: Evaluation and Management, Annual Meeting of the American Academy or Orthopaedic Surgeons, New Orleans, March 13, 2014.
For a complete list of instructional courses please click here.
Dr. Fehring has written 18 book chapters on a variety of Hip and Knee replacement subjects to help instruct other orthopaedic surgeons.
- J. Lieberman and D. Berry (editors), Advanced Reconstruction: Hip 2, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Rosemont, IL, 2015 Section 4: Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty, Chapter “Revision THA: Revision of Failed Metal-on-Metal THA” .
- W. Norman Scott (ed)., Insall & Scott Surgery of the Knee Fifth Edition, Elsevier Churchill Livingston, Philadelphia, PA, 2011, Section 12, Chap 124, “Advanced Technologies in Performing Total Knee Arthroplasty:Roundtable Discussion”.
- Jay R. Lieberman, Daniel J. Berry, Frederick Azar (eds) Advanced Reconstruction: Knee, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons,Rosemont, IL 2011, Section 2, Chap 19, “Total Knee Arthroplasty:Extra-Articular Deformity”.
- Arlen D. Hanssen, W. Norman Scott, (eds), Operative Techniques: Total Knee Replacement, Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia PA., 2009,Procedure 21, “Cemented StemFixation in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty”.
- Paul A. Lotke, Jess H. Lonner, (eds), Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery: Knee Arthroplasty, 3rd Edition, Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA., 2008, Chap. 4, “Exposing the Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty”.
For a complete list of book chapters please click here.