I saw Julia Mayo,PA with Dr Howe. She could not have been nicer. She treated me with respect. She answered my questions appropriately and explained things in a way that I could easily understand.- Cathy T.
Print this page
- Hip & Knee
- Wake Forest University – Masters of Medical Science, 2007
- Guilford Technical Community College – Diploma of Surgical Technology, 2002
- North Carolina State University – Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, 1997, Magna Cum Laude
- Julia Mayo is the Lead Physician Assistant at OrthoCarolina Winston-Salem assisting Dr. David Howe (Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction).
- She is also the Preceptor for Physician Assistant Education at Wake Forest University, Campbell University, and High Point University.
- Physician Assistant-Certified by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants
- Member of American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Member of Physician Assistants in Orthopedic Surgery (PAOS)
- Member of North Carolina Association of Physician Assistants (NCAPA)
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Orthopedic Surgery (NCCPA CAQ), 2019-2029
- Clinical Preceptor recognition by the American Academy of Physician Assistants (CPAAPA)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Academic Distinction in the Clinical Year, Wake Forest University School of Medicine - Physician Assistant Studies, 2007
- Merck Index Scholarship Award, North Carolina State University Chemistry Department, 1997