- College of St. Scholastica - Master of Science in Physical Therapy
Janice has 22 years of clinical experience in orthopedic, outpatients, and hospital based settings. Before coming to OrthoCarolina, Janice served 8 years active duty in the United States Navy as a Naval Officer in the Medical Service Corp. As well as a practicing Physical Therapist at the Naval Hospital in Portsmouth, VA and several other naval bases in Norfolk, Little Creek, and Oceana VA. Deployed with USS George Washington CVN 73 aircraft carrier battle group during Operation Enduring Freedom in the Gulf. In her free time, Janice enjoys trail running, biking, gardening, and fishing with her husband and two daughters.
- Joined OrthoCarolina in 2011, working in our offices at Eastover and Gastonia, as well as Rock Hill.
- Extensive experience in working with knee ligament reconstruction, hip labral repairs, total joint reconstructions, shoulder rotator cuff repairs/labral repairs, elbow/foot/ankle conditions, and balance and spine rehab.
- Has completed continuing education courses consisting of, but not limited to, Maitland training with the spine and joint mobilization, McKenzie training with treatment of the spine, Medical Exercise Training (MET), Kinesiotaping, Myofascial release, and other manual interventions.
- Received her certification as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) in 2005.
- PTA Member since 1997, with membership to the orthopedic section.