- Daemen College - Bachelor of Science in Natural Science
- Daemen College - Doctor of Physical Therapy in Physical Therapy
Heather has 9 years of clinical experience in outpatient orthopedics, however has provided clinical care in skilled nursing facilities, pediatrics, stroke care, and acute care. Heather has a passion for injury prevention and helping her patients achieve their goals to get back to their 100%. In her spare time Heather loves spending time with her husband and two sons. They enjoy doing anything outdoors, anything sports related, and love exploring Charlotte. Heather also enjoys running, reading, baking, and playing co-ed soccer and basketball. She is a Syracuse Orange fan, and Buffalo Bills fan.
- Joined OrthoCarolina in November 2017.
- Treated in outpatient orthopedics in Syracuse, NY since June 2010 working with high level high school, collegiate, and professional athletes throughout her career, as well as woman pre and post-partum.
- Hosted multiple community lectures to competitive runners on injury prevention and running mechanics, as well as return to running programs post-partum and dryland swimming programs.
- Clinical interests consist of post-operative care of the shoulder, hip, and knee with a clinical niche in ACL reconstruction and injury prevention, as well as overhead athletes.
- Has completed multiple continuing education courses consisting of, but not limited to, kinesiotaping, Muscle Energy Technique, pre- and post-surgical ACL rehab, return to sport training of the upper and lower extremity injuries, concussion screening and rehab., Maitland joint mobilization/manipulation evaluation and treatment of the spine, and McKenzie evaluation and treatment of the spine.
- APTA Certified Clinical Instructor.
- APTA Member since 2007, with membership to the orthopedic and sports sections.