Dr. DeRosa is an orthopedic spine surgeon with extensive experience in back and neck surgeries. He specializes in Minimally Invasive Spinal Procedures, Spine Surgery, Interventional Spine, and Functional Medicine. He completed his Internships and Residencies at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu and his fellowship in Adult Spinal Surgery at Duke University.
Dr. DeRosa has an extensive military background which includes serving in the surgery and orthopedic surgery departments at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii as well as Womack Army Medical Center and the 759th Forward Surgical Team at Fort Bragg. He also served in the 1st Battalion, 228th Aviation Regiment Joint Task Force at Soto Cano Air Base in Honduras.
In his spare time Dr. DeRosa enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children. He is also a rare and exotic car enthusiast.
- Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine
- East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN: Bachelor of Science - Biology
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Adult Spinal Surgery Fellowship: Duke University Medical Center Durham, NC
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
- General Surgery Internship:Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
- Sigma Sigma Phi – Osteopathic Honor Medical Society
- Duke Orthopaedic Journal
- DeRosa DC, Harris, M, West, P. Subacute Osteomyelitis of the Pediatric Talus: A First Report of Brodie’s Abscess from Morganella morganii. Case Reports in Orthopaedics, vol. 2019
- DeRosa DC, Fedorak G, Brough K, Miyamoto R. Increased Time between Diagnosis and Surgery in Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis Results in Increased Radiographic Deformity. JCO 2018
- DeRosa DC, McCallum J. Incidence of Loose Body with Acute Patella Dislocation. In Submission
- Tokish JM, DeRosa DC. Pharmacologic approaches to the aging athlete. Sports Health. 2014 Jan;6(1):49-55.
- Cook JB, DeRosa DC, Tokish JM, Yim DG, Rowles D, Bottoni CR. Coracoclavicular ligament reconstruction: an arthroscopically assisted technique using biologic and synthetic fixation. Current Orthopaedic Practice. 2013 Oct;24(5):542-546.
- Melton KS, DeRosa DC, Agee WA, Pires VL, Yim DG, Ngauy V. Mouth in Foot Disease. Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2015 Sep; 74(09)
- Yheulon CG, DeRosa DC, Gagliano RA. Retained Pill Camera at an entero-uracho-vesical fistula site in a patient with Crohn's disease. Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2013 Jun;72(6):186-9
- DeRosa DC, Lin-Hurtubise K. Pilomatricoma: An Unusual Dermatologic Neoplasm. Hawaii J Med Public Health 2012 Oct;71(10):282-6.
- DeRosa DC, Lim RB, Lin-Hurtubise K, Johnson EA. Symptomatic Hibernoma: A Rare Soft Tissue Tumor. Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2012 Dec;71(12):342-5
- AAOS 2021 Presenter/Moderator – Spine ICL- Lumbar Interbody Fusion: Approaches, Devices, Biologics, and More
- DeRosa DC, Fedorak G. Assessment of the Relationship between Time from Diagnosis to Surgical Treatment and Outcome in Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis. American Academy of Pediatrics. 2016
- DeRosa DC, Turner RC, McCallum J. Incidence of Loose Body with Acute Patella Dislocation. Society of Military Orthopedic Surgeons. 2015
- DeRosa DC, Melton KT, Agee WA, Pires VL, Yim DG, Ngauy V. Mouth in Foot Disease. American College of Physicians Hawaii Chapter Scientific Meeting, Koolau Conference Center, Kaneohe, HI. Feb 2015
- DeRosa DC, Yheulon CG, Gagliano RA. Retained Pill Camera at an entero-uracho-vesical fistula site in a patient with Crohn's disease. Donald Person Poster Competition TAMC, May 2012
Works in Progress
- DeRosa DC, Knox J. Case Report of Resolution of Paralysis in Miliary TB with IV Antibiotics alone
- DeRosa DC, Cuenca R, Tokish JM. JAAOS Review: Performance enhancing drugs in the adolescent population.
- Knox J, DeRosa DC, Schneider J, Wimberly RL, Riccio AI. Spectrum of Injuries Associated with Pediatric Spine Trauma