- Duke University - A.B. in English
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine - Doctor of Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center - Junior, Senior & Chief Residency
- Cornell University Medical Center - Sports Medicine/Shoulder - Fellowship
Claude T. Moorman is a fellowship-trained Sports Medicine surgeon at OrthoCarolina's Sports Medicine Center.
- Named a 2021 Top Doctor by Charlotte Magazine
- Cincinnati Sports Medicine Center Grant, (Frank R. Noyes), $2,500.00 – “Partial ACL” Study, (1985).
- Piedmont Grant (Duke Alumni Association), $5,000.00 – “Suture Anchor Fixation in Cancellous Bone”, (1992).
- University of Maryland Department of Surgery Internal Funding, $30,000.00 – “Role of NSAIDS in Ligament Healing,” (1996-1997).
- University of Maryland Department of Surgery Internal Funding, $30,000.00 – “PLRI: Mechanical Testing of Two Reconstruction Techniques,” (1996-1997).
- University of Maryland Young Investor Intramural Grant, $14,950.00 – “Biomechanical Considerations of Coronal Plane Obliquity of the Femoral Tunnel during Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction,” (1999-2000).
- Smith Nephew Fellowship Research Grant, $50,000.00/year Laboratory Support (1996-2000).
- Donjoy Arthroscopy Learning Center Grant, $10,000.00/year (1996-2000).
- NFL Charities Grant, Basic Science Study of Muscle Injury, $250,000.00 (1999-2001).
- Piedmont Grant, Bench Press Force Analysis, $5,000.00 (2002).
- Piedmont Grant, Force Repetition vs Standard Isotonic Training for the Elite Football Player, $5,000 (2003-2004).
- Piedmont Grant, An Anatomic Basis for Lateral Retraction of the Cephalic Vein During the Anterior Shoulder Approach, $5,000 (2004).
- Hark Lectureship Grant, OREF, Duke University Visiting Lectureship in Sports Medicine/Shoulder Surgery, $2,500 (March 2004).
- Claude T. Moorman, III, Dean Taylor, Histogenics Randomized Trial – Novel Implant for Articular Cartilage Defects. 2006.
- Berkoff, D.J., Claude T. Moorman, III, Electrolyte Supplementation and Performance: A Randomized Double Blind Trial, Healthsport, 2007.
- Wittstein, J.R., Toth, A.P., Moorman, C.T., III, “Retrospective Review of Biceps Tenotomy vs. Tenodesis” Piedmont Orthopaedic Foundation Grant, 2007.
- Moorman, C.T., III, Defrate, L.E., “The Effects of ACL Graft Placement on In Vivo Knee Kinematics and Graft Deformation, $125,000 NFL Charities Grant 2009.
- Moorman, C.T., III, Defrate, L.E., The Effects of ACL Graft Placement on In Vivo Knee Kinematics and Graft Deformation” NFL Charities (11/01/2008-4/01/2012)
- Moorman, C.T., III, Defrate, L.E., “In Vivo Cartilage Mechanics and Degeneration After ACL Deficiency” NIH R03 AR063325, March 2013
- NeoCart Phase II – A Randomized Comparison of NeoCart to Microfracture for the Repair of Articular Cartilage Injuries in the Knee. Role – PI 2013
- Prospective, Multi-Center, Pilot Study to Evaluate Symptom Relief in Patients with Medial Knee Osteoarthritis (OA) Treated with KineSpring Knee Implant. Role – PI 2014
- Piedmont Foundation (PI: Robin Queen) Examination of Hamstring Strengthening Using the Nordic Hamstring Curl in an Athletic Population Project is Designed to Determine the Differences Between the Nordic Hamstring Curl and Traditional Hamstring Curls. Role – Attending Surgeon 2015
- Tonier Pyrocarbon IDE Study – The Aequalis Pyrocarbon Humeral Head is Used in Combination with the Aequalis TM Ascent TM Flex Shoulder System. Role – PI 2015 - Pending