Dr. Cohen has served in a leadership capacity throughout his tenure with OrthoCarolina, including serving as Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Operations Committee as OrthoCarolina established itself as a nationally recognized model for patient success and value-based care. He has served as CEO of OrthoCarolina since 2016.
Dr. Cohen has served as Fellowship Director of the OrthoCarolina Foot and Ankle Fellowship and sub- specialty chief for the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center, helping lead foot and ankle innovation and education. He currently is a Professor of Orthopedics at Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center. He also has acted as a principal investigator in numerous active research projects through the OrthoCarolina Research Institute (OCRI).
Dr. Cohen also is a respected member of national foot and ankle research circles. He is currently the Immediate Past President of the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) and chairs the finance committee.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Bachelor of Science
- Medical College of Georgia -- Medical College of Georgia
- Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center -- Internship
- Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center -- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery
- Medical College of Wisconsin -- Fellowship, Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Sports Medicine Institute -- Fellowship, Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Specializes in Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
- Clinical Interests: Foot and Ankle Trauma, Foot and Ankle Sports Medicine and Cartilage Restoration, Arthritis of the Foot and Ankle
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Board Certified (American Board of Orthopedic Surgery)
- 2022 North Carolina's Top Doctors, Charlotte Region, SouthPark Magazine
- Named a 2021 Top Doctor by Charlotte Magazine
- Named a 2018 Top Doctor by Charlotte Magazine
I saw Dr. Cohen twice for a foot problem. He is so personable and listens well to your answers to his questions. I would definitely recommend him and OrthoCarolina.