Dr. Kwon and his staff at OrthoCarolina have been wonderful from my first visit, through a complicated surgery and now post-op. I feel as though I have had very personal care. My questions were answered and after my first post-op, my spirits were lifted through both Dr. Kwon and his PA, Steven's, kind words of encouragement. I would highly recommend Dr. Kwon and Orthocarolina.- Laurie
- University of Michigan - B.S. in Biology & B.A. in Art History
- University of Virginia - Doctor of Medicine
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital - Residency
- Panorama Spine Center | Denver, CO - Spine Fellowship
- Dr. Kwon currently serves as a spine surgery consultant for the Charlotte Hornets basketball team.
- Orthopedic surgeon specializing in spine care.
- Named a 2021 Top Doctor by Charlotte Magazine
- MERC Advanced MIS posterior course. Denver, CO. 2018 | Course Chairman
- Society of Lateral Access Surgery meeting (SOLAS). NYC, NY 2016 | Faculty
- Society of Minimally invasive spine surgery – podium presentation 2014
- The Use Of Lateral Interbody Fusion With Concomitant Smith-Peterson. Osteotomies To Improve Sagittal Balance And Increase Lumbar Lordosis.
- SOLAS Meeting – podium presentation 2012
- Creation of Lumbar Lordosis using eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion and Concomitant Smith Peterson Osteotomies
- IMAST – podium presentation 2006
- Postural versus instrumented reduction in thoracolumbar Burst fractures; a radiographic analysis.
- Weidenbaum M, Kwon AJ, Lowenstein J, Sugalski M. 2002
- The hip-sacrum index - a fixed sagittal pelvic parameter.
- IMAST 2002 (International Meeting on Advanced Spine Techniques), Switzerland.
- Kwon AJ. Adjacent level degeneration of the cervical spine. 2005 Denver Spine Symposium. Denver, CO.
- Kwon AJ. Cervical spine trauma: Diagnosis and management. 2005 Synthes Spine Trauma Course. Denver CO
- Kwon, AJ. Et al. Indirect decompression and vertebral body endplate strength after lateral interbody spacer impaction: cadaveric and foam-block models. J Neurosurg Spine. 2016 May;24(5):727-33
- Kwon, A. et al. Mechanical loading differentially regulates 2006 membrane-bound and soluble RANKL availability in MC3T3-E1 cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006 Apr;1068:568-72.