- Fellows will gain experience in history taking, physical examination of the upper extremity, injections, interpretation of radiographic studies, casting and other office based procedures. Additionally, congenital hand clinic is held monthly in the office. Many didactic sessions from the lecture schedule are held here.
CAROLINAS MEDICAL CENTER:
- Fellows will gain experience in Level I trauma reconstruction, advanced microsurgical skills including replants, nerve and artery repairs, and free tissue transfers, arthroplasty of the elbow, wrist and hand, congenital hand deformities, resident education and Myers Park Clinic.
CAROLINAS MEDICAL CENTER – MERCY:
- Fellows will gain experience in inpatient and outpatient surgical skills including arthroscopy, fractures and nerve and tendon repair. CMC Mercy houses an anatomy lab and arthroscopic simulator that are used by the fellows.
- Fellows will gain experience in inpatient and outpatient surgical skills including arthroscopy, fractures, and nerve and tendon repair.
CHARLOTTE SURGERY CENTER, MALLARD CREEK SURGERY CENTER, MATTHEWS SURGERY CENTER:
- Exclusively an outpatient ambulatory surgery center. The majority of cases are carpal tunnel, trigger finger, CMC arthroplasty and other short duration common surgical hand procedures. Additionally, fellows will learn the pros and cons of the business side of hand surgery in terms of ownership.