- Fellows will gain experience in history taking, physical examination of the upper extremity, injections, interpretation of radiographic studies, casting and other office based procedures. Additionally, congenital hand clinic, brachial plexus clinic, and amputee clinic are held monthly in the office. Many didactic sessions from the lecture schedule are held here. Office-based surgery takes place in the minor procedures room, housing a training microscope. Nearly 1,000 cases per year are seen in the office.
ATRIUM HEALTH - CAROLINAS MEDICAL CENTER:
- Fellows will gain experience in Level I trauma reconstruction, advanced microsurgical skills including replants, nerve and artery repairs, and free tissue transfers, arthroplasty of the elbow, wrist and hand, congenital hand deformities, resident education and Myers Park Clinic.
ATRIUM HEALTH – MERCY:
- Fellows will gain experience in inpatient and outpatient surgical skills including arthroscopy, fractures and nerve and tendon repair. Atrium Health - Mercy houses an anatomy lab and arthroscopic simulator that are used by the fellows.
- Fellows will gain experience in inpatient and outpatient surgical skills including arthroscopy, fractures, and nerve and tendon repair.
CHARLOTTE SURGERY CENTER, MALLARD CREEK SURGERY CENTER, MATTHEWS SURGERY CENTER:
- Exclusively an outpatient ambulatory surgery center. The majority of cases are carpal tunnel, trigger finger, Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center arthroplasty and other short duration common surgical hand procedures. Additionally, fellows will learn the pros and cons of the business side of hand surgery in terms of ownership.