2022 Shadowing Experience Sessions:
Each session is a one-week period
- March 7th - 11th
- June 13th - 17th
- August 8th - 12th
- December 26th - 30th
- Students must be 16 years-of-age or older.
- Students under age 18 will be required to have parental permission and a release of liability form to participate, along with guardian signatures on all compliance documentation.
- Students must first have a host as a mentor/preceptor in order to participate.
- A host is an OrthoCarolina staff person that is willing and able to be a mentor/preceptor for a student and oversee their student assignment.
- Students must provide a recent criminal background check. (Done within 90 days of start).
- Students must provide a recent 10-panel drug screen. (Done within 90 days of start date).
- Students must provide a recent 2-Step TB test. (Done within 12 months of start & without expiring over the span of assignment).
- Student hours are NOT retroactive for credit.
- One complete student packet must be submitted, in its entirety, for each student requesting participation consideration. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed
- Student packets should be submitted as soon as possible because program consideration will be first come - first serve.
- No participants will be guaranteed placement.
- Operating Room Privileges are not guaranteed to all participants, it is discretionary. Students under the age of 18 cannot obtain operating room privileges.
- All program requirements must be finalized 4 weeks (or more) prior to the student's start date.
All interested students should contact Mona Lindsay to plan your shadowing experience and understand the next steps:
- Mona Lindsay, MPA
- Human Resources & Student Programs Coordinator