- Dr. Michael O'Connell is a Fellowship Trained Interventional Spine & Pain Management physician.
- Ohio State University – Bachelor of Science
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine, Carolinas Campus – Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Riverside Methodist Hospital – Transitional Year Internship
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center – Residency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Allegheny Health Network – Fellowship, Interventional Spine and Pain Medicine
- Interventional Spine
- Member of American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM) 2016 - Present
- Member of Spine Interventional Society (SIS) 2016 - Present
- Member of American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR) 2014 - Present
- Member of American Osteopathic College of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AOCPMR) 2014 - Present
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Eligible as of July 1, 2019
- State of Pennsylvania Osteopathic Physician and Surgeon License 2018 - Present
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Basic Life Support 2014 - Present
- O’Connell M, Baber J. Effectiveness of Genicular Nerve Radiofrequency Ablation: A Case Series and Considerations for Future Research. Interventional Pain Management Reports. Submitted January 21, 2020
- O’Connell M, Helm E. Depth Assessment using Contralateral Oblique View during Cervical Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injections. Interventional Pain Management Reports. 2019, Nov; Volume 3, (No. 4): (115-120)
- O'Connell M, Helm E, Neph A. (2017). Biceps Tendon. Tendinopathy: From Basic Science to Clinical Management. Onishi K, Fredericson M, Dragoo J (Ed.). Philadelphia: Springer. Publication date pending.
- Staszel J, Navlani R, O’Connell M, Ho S, Marroquin O, Pancoska P, Koscumb S, Garrard W, Quinn K, Sowa G. Using an analytic model to predict response to lumbosacral injections. ISPRM World Congress and AAP Annual Meeting; March 7, 2020. Orlando, FL.
- O'Connell M, Ho S, Hickman C, Onishi K. Ultrasound-Guided Radiofrequency Ablation of the Superior Cluneal Nerve: A Case Report. ISPRM World Congress and AAP Annual Meeting; March 6, 2020. Orlando, FL.
- O'Connell M, Helm E. Ultrasound-Guided Corticosteroid Injection of the Pectoralis Minor and Suprascapular Nerve in a Patient with Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome: A Case Report. AOCPMR Annual Meeting; April 14, 2018. Nashville, TN.