- Shoulder & Elbow
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - B.S. in Biology and Chemistry with distinction
- Boston University School of Medicine - Doctor of Medicine
- Indiana University Medical Center - Orthopedic Surgery Residency
- Prince of Wales and Concord Hospitals in Sydney, Australia - Shoulder/Elbow Surgery Fellowship
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Hamot - Hand/Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand – Candidate Member
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons - Member
- American Medical Association - Member
- “Biomechanical analysis of labral repair using various commercially available suture anchors in a sheep model.” Orthopedic Surgery Research Laboratory. University of New South Wales. Sydney, Australia. (in progress)
- “Long-term outcomes of latissimus dorsi tendon transfer for irreparable rotator cuff tendon tears.” UPMC Hamot. Erie, PA. (in progress)
- “Functional Outcomes and Adjacent Level Ossification Development in Patients with ACDF and Bryan Disc Replacement.” Poster Presentation. Presented at Indiana Orthopedic Society Meeting 2016.
- “The Expression of Nanog and Sox-9 During Fracture Repair.” Poster Presentation. Presented at annual Boston University Medical Student Research Symposium 2009.
- “Adult Brachial Plexus Injuries.” UPMC Hamot Hand Conference. February 2018.
- “Arthroplasty of the Hand and Wrist.” UPMC Hamot Hand Conference. January 2018.
- “Malignant Hand Tumors.” UPMC Hamot Hand Conference. December 2017.
- “Scaphoid Fractures and Nonunions.” UPMC Hamot Hand Conference. November 2017.
- “Extensor Tendon Injuries.” UPMC Hamot Hand Conference. September 2017.
- “Principles of Fracture Management.” Medical Student Orthopedic Interest Group. Prince of Wales and Concord Hospitals. Sydney, Australia. May 2017.
Dr Smith is great i think that he has done wonders for me I am truly grateful for his help