- Springfield College, Springfield, Massachusetts - Doctorate of Physical Therapy
PT Manager and Sports Physical Therapy expert, John DeLucchi offers more than a decade of hands-on and academic expertise, with certifications ranging from APTA Board Certified Sports Specialist, Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Strength & Conditioning Specialist, and Titleist Performance Institute Instructor.
His training is supported by both a Doctorate and Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from Springfield College in Massachusetts. Over the 10 years of his career in Health, Wellness, Fitness, and Performance, he has worked in many different positions and led several different groups—followed by advancing clinical knowledge, experience and skills. John has also completed several high-level programs to advance leadership, coaching and management skills including EIM’s Executive Program in Private Practice Management in 2015 and is enrolled at East Carolina University where he will be completing his MBA.
John has been fortunate to hold some amazing positions, he helped lead the opening of a new clinic at Proaxis Therapy and worked with Special Operation Soldiers as a Physical Therapist at THOR3 program (Tactical Human Optimization and Rapid Rehabilitation and Reconditioning). During his time there he received the Excellence Service Award for delivering care well above the standard during his time with the THOR3 program.
At OrthoCarolina, John gets to exercise his passion to help people achieve success. Always assuring they get back to their absolute best to improve their everyday performance and quality of life. John specializes in Sports and Orthopedics working with populations that include those who are experiencing Musculoskeletal conditions both operative and non-operative, Tactical Athletes, Fitness enthusiasts, high school, amateur, professional and elite athletes. His goal is to restore and enhance the patient’s performance to improve their abilities and return to the activities they love.
John likes to spend his free time with his family, reading, golfing and being extremely active with other sports and exercise. John has completed many different competitions ranging from 5k to marathon distances, Spartan Races, golf tournaments, and various other sporting activities.
John looks forward to meeting you to identify your goals and build a plan to help you find success!
Head Team Physician for Lake Norman High School
- Executive Coaching and Leadership Training – Rob Wainner / Confluent Health
- Therapeutic Pain Science Certification – Evidence in Motion / ISPI
- Therapeutic Neuroscience Education – Evidence in Motion / ISPI
- Executive Program Private Practice Management Graduate – Evidence in Motion
- Board Certified Sports Specialist - APTA
- American Physical Therapy Association Member – Sport and Orthopedic sections
- American Red Cross - Certified First Responder, CPR, AED, Oxygen and First Aid Certifications
- NSCA - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Titleist Performance Institute – TPI-CGFI Level 1
- Level 1& 2 Functional Dry Needling Certification
- APTA credentialed clinical instructorExecutive Coaching and Leadership Training – Rob Wainner / Confluent Health
- Certified Dry Needling