- President of the Lumbar Spine Research Society, 2022
- Treasurer of the Lumbar Spine Research Society, 2022
- President of the Cervical Spine Research Society, 2014
He is semi-retired and no longer doing surgery, however, he is still evaluating and treating patients.
- Davidson College -- Bachelor of Science
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine -- Doctor of Medicine
- Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center -- Internship
- Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center -- Residency
- Baylor College of Medicine-- Fellowship, Spine Surgery
- 2022 North Carolina's Top Doctors, Charlotte Region, SouthPark Magazine
- Named a 2021 Top Doctor by Charlotte Magazine
- 2013 Physician of the Year -- Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital, Novant Health
- Named by US News & World Report as a Top Doctor (story)
- Named among the Top 50 Spine Specialists in America
- Best Clinical Paper Award, 24 and 48 month results of the Prospective, Randomized controlled IDE study comparing Pro Disc-C and Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion -- International Spine Arthroplasty Society
The doctors that I have had were great. They all have provided the care that I need with little hesitation. There is nothing that I have been disappointed with from this practice. My surgeon Dr Darden is GREAT!