Brian Krenzel is a fellowship-trained adult reconstruction surgeon specializing in primary and complex revision hip and knee replacement surgery. He also has an interest in partial knee replacement surgery and is certified to implant the Oxford ® Mobile Bearing Unicompartmental Knee Replacement. Dr. Krenzel also performs the minimally invasive Anterior Supine Intermuscular (ASI) hip replacement.
Dr. Krenzel received his undergraduate degree from Duke University where he lettered in football. He was recognized all four years of his collegiate career on the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
He earned his medical degree from The University of Louisville School of Medicine and completed his orthopedic residency at Duke University. Dr. Krenzel finished his extensive education with specialty training in hip and knee replacement surgery with the renowned Joint Replacement Surgeons of Indiana.
Dr. Krenzel is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Chief Quality and Development Officer.
- University of Louisville School of Medicine -- Doctor of Medicine
- Duke University School of Medicine, North Carolina -- Internship, Orthopedic Surgery
- Duke University School of Medicine, North Carolina -- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement Surgeons of Indiana -- Fellowship, Orthopedic Adult Reconstruction Surgery
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member of the North Carolina Orthopedic Association
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
Named a 2023 Top Doctor by Charlotte Magazine
Dr. Krenzel is my Knight in Shining Armor!!!! I had total right hip replacement . He is a miracle worker!! He took all the pain away the day of my surgery. I have been pain free ever since which in 2 days will be one year. Very professional easy to talk to answered all of your questions.