Our PTs: They’ve Got Your Back…and Your Legs…and More…
Physical therapy is a way for patients to improve movement, manage pain and prevent or recover from injuries or other physical conditions. Our therapists at OrthoCarolina play a big role in rehabilitation, and PT is an important part of the work we do to help our patients maximize long-term health benefits.
Therapists examine each patient, and with them create a treatment plan that over time can help them experience less pain, move more freely, and restore proper function. By teaching individuals how manage their own conditions and injuries, PTs are able to give them more flexibility to continue healing outside of the clinic.
Other components of rehabilitation that physical therapists work on include:
- Range of motion
- Balance and posture
- Strength and coordination
- Fitness and obesity
- Sports injury prevention
- Enhancing and improving sports performance
- Manual therapy
- Body mechanics
More on National Physical Therapy Month from our PT team.
Leave a Comment
In Response To
- Life After Football: What Happens to the Human Body When the Days of Playing Are Over?
- Songs for Your Workout
- To All Swimmers: Get Faster and Stay Healthier - Cross Train.
- Thoughts After My First Pilates Class
- FOOTBALL! FOOTBALL! FOOTBALL! What to Know About Injury Prevention at the High School & College Level