- Lehigh University -- Bachelor of Science
- Thomas Jefferson University -- Master of Science
- Jefferson Medical College -- Doctor of Medicine
- Carolinas Medical Center -- Internship
- Carolinas Medical Center -- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery
- London Health Sciences Center, London, Ontario, Canada -- Fellowship, Adult Hip &Knee Reconstruction/ Joint Replacement
- Director of Adult Hip & Knee Reconstruction - Carolinas Medical Center Residency Program
- Fehring T, Odum S, Masonis J, Springer B.Early failures in unicondylar arthroplasty. Orthopedics. 2010 Jan 1;33(1):11.
- Kuremsky M, Schaller T, Hall C, Roehr B, Masonis J.Comparison of Autograft vs. Allograft in Opening-Wedge High Tibial Osteotomy J Arthroplasty. 2010 Sep;25(6):951-957.
- Springer B, Connelly S, Odum S, Fehring T, Griffin W, Mason JB, Masonis J.Cementless Femoral Components in Young Patients. Review and Meta-Analysis of Total Hip Arthroplasty and Hip Resurfacing J Arthroplasty, Vol. 24, Number 6, Suppl 1, September 2009, pgs. 2-8.
- Springer B, Fehring T, Griffin W, Odum S, Masonis J.Why revision total hip arthroplasty fails.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009 Jan;467(1):166-73. Epub 2008 Oct 31.
- Masonis J, Thompson C, Odum SSafe and Accurate: Learning the Direct Anterior Total Hip Arthroplasty Orthopedics Volume 31 Number 12 Issue December 2008 pages 129-134.
- Heiner D, Mauerhan D, Masonis J, Heath J Patient Out-of-Pocket Expenses in Major Orthopedic Procedures: Total Hip Arthroplasty as a Case Study J Arthroplasty Volume 23 Issue 4 June 2008 pages 509-514.
- Large T, Norton H J, Bosse M, Sims S, Masonis J, Althausen P, Hallare D, Meehan J Locked Plating of Supracondylar Periprosthetic Femur FracturesJ Arthroplasty Volume 23 Issue 6 September 2008 pages 115-120.
- Lundeen G, Masonis J, Frick S Sequelae of Pediatric Hip Disorders: Survey Responses From Experts in Adult Hip Reconstruction Am J Orthrop. March 2008;37(3):153-156.
- Masonis JL, Fehring TK Curbside Consultation in Hip Arthroplasty: 49 Clinical Questions Book Chapter – Case: 84-year-old female with previous cemented THA with proximal osteolysis fell and has a periprosthetic femur fracture SLACK Incorporated, a New Jersey Corporation 2008
- Fehring TK, Odum SM, Griffin WL, McCoy TH, Masonis JL Surgical Treatment of Flexion Contractures Following Total Knee Arthroplasty, Journal of Arthroplasty, Volume 22, Number 6, Suppl 2, September 2007 pages 62-66.
- Masonis J, Bourne R, Ries M, McCalden R, Salehi A, Kelman D: Zirconia femoral head fractures: Clinical and retrieval analysis. J Arthroplasty 2004 Oct;19(7):898-905.
- Specializes in primary and revision Hip and Knee arthroplasty
- Specializes in Hip preservation surgery, including hip arthroscopy and osteotomies
- Member of the American Orthopaedic Association, The AOA is the only orthopaedic organization that so strongly emphasizes a single theme of purpose: leadership in orthopaedics. The quality the AOA’s programs demonstrates that the organization is committed to nothing less than perfection in addressing this focus
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- Member of the American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons
Hip & Knee
The treatment doesn’t have to be as drastic as total hip replacement surgery. When you experience hip pain, either from an injury or arthritis, you need the attention of physicians experienced in the many conditions that may arise. ... Learn More
- Clinical Team: Erica Moore, CMA & Van Cooper, MOA
- Test/Surgery Scheduler: Marsha Gist
- Medical Administrative Assistant: Tara Whitney