The D1 Experience: Elite Athletic Training for All Levels
In April, D1 Sports opened in Matthews. A partnership between OrthoCarolina, D1 Sports Training and three professional athletes including the Baltimore Ravens’ Steve Smith, D1 helps athletes ages 7 to pro level become faster, stronger, more agile and explosive, and build character. And while D1 is an elite facility for athletes, it also offers adult programs that are suitable for any gender and fitness level.
I’m privileged to have the opportunity to provide physical therapy services for D1 Sports, while still seeing patients at OrthoCarolina. Here are my top reasons why D1 Sports is a great place to train:
- The wide range of services for all levels of athletes; youth to professional, as well as weekend warriors and regular folks who just want to get in shape.
- On-site physical therapists, athletic trainers and certified strength coaches who can also help take the athlete from acute injury or surgery, back to full performance on the field or court if needed.
- A 19,000 square foot facility with a PT clinic, full Olympic weight room and an indoor/outdoor turf field to allow for training in all types of weather. The size of the facility allows us to provide a higher level of care, especially for athletes who need to be able to run or throw under supervised conditions.
- The ability to provide video analysis of athlete mechanics as needed.
- Access to the best physicians and physician assistants in the region through OrthoCarolina, offering a smooth process with coordination of services, and returning the athlete back to his or her sport as quickly as possible.
D1 believes replicating top college and pro training environments is the best setting for athletes to reach their goals, and like a Division 1 program, we train and treat all athletes who train with us like elite athletes, regardless of ability.
Visit D1’s website
D1 classes and schedule
More about D1 physical therapy
Chris Gabriel, OCS (Board Certified Orthopedic Specialist), CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist), practices physical therapy with OrthoCarolina Matthews and with D1 Sports. Chris and his team treat a range of patients for orthopedic and sports medicine needs. He enjoys working with various local high school, college, and professional sports teams.