In Loving Memory
Dr. Sarjoo “Sam” Bhagia, a physiatrist with OrthoCarolina's Spine Center, passed away August 10, 2016 after a brief illness. Dr. Bhagia was adored and respected by his teammates, peers, patients and friends, and his easygoing nature and laughter were an innate part of who he was both as a person and a physician.
Joining OrthoCarolina (formerly the Miller Orthopedic Clinic) in the fall of 2003, Dr. Bhagia was involved in community teaching, orthopedic research, and service projects. One of his proudest accomplishments was the Physiatry Fellowship at OrthoCarolina, which will be a legacy he leaves behind at OrthoCarolina. Dr. Bhagia belonged to many professional associations including the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, North American Spine Society, American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, and many others, and was very involved in the Indian community.
One of his staff's favorite memories is playing Secret Santa during the holidays when Dr. Bhagia was "lucky enough to pick the hairpiece and mustache", which he graciously and humorously wore.
A talented and beloved physician, Sam Bhagia touched the lives of many and will be deeply missed by his OrthoCarolina family.
Leave a Comment
In Response To
- OrthoCarolina South Park Now Open
- Doctor’s Playbook: How an Orthopedic Fellow Went on to Lead Medical Care for the New Orleans Saints
- A Top Dog’s Return: How a Charlotte Hounds Lacrosse Player Came Back from a Nearly Career-Ending Knee Injury
- OrthoCarolina Wellness Center Now Open
- Twin City Talks in Winston-Salem