OrthoCarolina’s Hip & Knee Center is internationally recognized as an expert in the field of adult hip and knee care. Our Charlotte physicians have served as collaborative pioneers in the development of modern hip and knee replacement surgeries, and have extensive experience with simple and complex joint surgeries. These orthopedic surgeries can alleviate problems caused by osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fractures, congenital deformity and other diseases which restrict a patient’s active lifestyle.
Not only has our Hip & Knee Center received dual Gold Certification by the Joint Commission for both total hip and knee replacements, but at OrthoCarolina’s Hip & Knee Center, our physicians are both fellowship-trained and board-certified in order to provide you with the best orthopedic care and treatment possible.
Each year in the United States, more than 400,000 total hip and knee replacement procedures are performed. Continuously evolving techniques and innovations make these replacement surgeries beneficial to patients who suffer from arthritis and other painful hip and knee conditions. The Charlotte hip and knee physicians at the OrthoCarolina Hip & Knee Center restrict their practice to the management of adult hip and knee problems and collectively perform nearly 3,500 joint replacement procedures annually. Perform more than 3,500 Total Hip & Knee replacements each year, in addition to more than 600 revision hip and knee procedures.
- Have authored and published more than 250 peer-reviewed scientific articles on joint replacement surgery and more than 30 book chapters on joint replacement surgery.
- Have been awarded the prestigious Ranawat and Insall awards numerous times for the best scientific research in hip and knee replacement at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Have three members of the Knee Society and two member of the Hip Society, a selected group of the top hip and knee replacement surgeons in the world
- Is one of only 10 hip and knee replacement centers in North America to be selected as a visitation site each year for the John Insall Travelling Fellows. We also host the Hip Society Rothman-Ranawat Traveling Fellowship inspiring new leaders in the field of Orthopaedics
- Speak and teach at national and international scientific meetings on hip and knee replacement surgery
- Are actively involved in the development of joint replacement implants and surgical techniques for hip and knee replacement surgery